Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Eating in

My new resolution: to eat in as much as possible!  To be frank, I am quite tired of eating out.  Ever since early part of this year, we have been eating out more often. To the point that sometimes, we run out of ideas where to go for meals.  We almost always end up in the same few old places.

My friend S has been posting pictures of delicious home cooked food.  She seems to be full of ideas on what to cook and I have never seen her repeat her menu, at least not in the pictures.  During a recent public holiday, she posted pictures of three different meals she prepared plus dessert in between.  Superwoman, that one.  Another friend M shared that skin condition can be improved if one drinks soup everyday.

I became inspired and "cooked" my first ever soup in the slow cooker. Pork rib plus old cucumber.  It was actually quite easy, all I needed to do was to prepare the ingredients and place them inside the slow cooker, add boiling water and voila! Even big k was impressed.  Though I thought that it could be improved, big k really gave face and finished up the soup.

Tomorrow I am going to try cooking herbal chicken soup.  Hope it turns out well!

No comments: